The Norris City July Quilt Guild meeting was held the end of June, due to the 4th of Julyholiday. Guest speaker Tonya Taylor spoke about the HOPE Family Literacy Program at Eldorado High School. The class is grant funded and is for young parents or unwed parents up to age 25 in Eldorado. The Norris City Quilt Guild has donated baby quilts to this program. Next, was the treasurer's report. The Guild currently has $3,771.00 total.
Sharon York displayed the charity quilt the guild made as a group. Each member made at least one block. Sharon quilted the ﬁnished product. It is undecided at this time where the quilt will be donated.
Six challenges were completed. One baby quilt was donated by Aleta Heern. Show & Tell quilts were displayed by: Aleta Heern, Beth Persinger, Erin Pennington, Jan Prince, Helen Ray-Cooper, and Lillian Harstine. The next meeting will be Thursday, August 1 at 6:30 p.m. at the Indian Creek Township Building.
Last modiﬁed: 11:08 AM
- Norris City’s Annual Town Wide Yard Sales Take Place Friday and Saturday - June 4, 2020
- White County Board Meeting Agenda Set for Tuesday Morning - June 4, 2020
- Illinois Patriots Group Brings Information to Local Business Owners - June 4, 2020
- Enfield Blue Ribbon 4-H Club Hold 4-H Week Proclamation Signing - June 3, 2020
- Zachary Holloway Sentenced on Monday - June 3, 2020