The White County Board voted on Tuesday night to ban the sale of recreational cannabis in the unincorporated parts of White County, but also approved establishing a tax of 3% in the county on cannabis businesses in municipalities who do allow sales. Only one municipality so far has voted to allow the activity, with Norris City and Enfield voting no.
The White County Board on Tuesday night tabled voting on a proposed cannabis ordinance which would ban all cannabis businesses in the unincorporated areas of the county, but also would impose a 3% tax on gross receipts of sales made in any
Media representative JC Tinsley had questions for the board on Tuesday morning, one which concerned a report of the courthouse server being hacked and someone accessing courthouse files from home. Treasurer Pam Armstrong and the board all said they knew nothing about any hacking. The Treasurer had requested secure access when she was off work due to an injury so she could work from home. Tinsley asked if Homeland Security and the Board of Elections had to be contacted, as he had heard. “That was not true either,” Armstrong and the board answered. Tinsley asked about online financial statements and that he had spoken to the Treasurer about that, to which Armstrong stated,”The statements are in Beth’s office at the end of every month. They can be seen there.”
WHITE COUNTY BOARD AGENDA
September 10, 2019
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approve the minutes of the previous meeting.
- Approve the payment of all county bills.
- Report from County Officers.
County Clerk Ambulance Supervisor of Assessments TB Officer
County Treasurer State’s Attorney Highway Coroner
Circuit Clerk Sheriff EMA 911
- Consider the approval of the FY 2020 Holiday Calendar
- Executive Director Pamela Barbee with Southern Illinois Workforce Investment Board for an update of the Southern 14 Workforce.
- White County Soil & Water Conservation District request for annual contribution of $ 2,500.00.
- Skip Oliver with Shepard Insurance to talk about quotes for health insurance and liability insurance for White County.
- Discussion of the Tentative and Preliminary Budget for FY 2020.
- Executive Session for (Personnel and/or Litigation)
- Other business (Next meeting will be October 8, 2019 at 7:00 P.M.)
- Motion to recess until November 12, 2019 for purpose of acting of the budget and tax levy.
Meeting is August 13, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
WHITE COUNTY BOARD AGENDA
August 13, 2019
1. Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approve the minutes of the July 9th meeting.
4. Approve the payment of all county bills.
5. Report from County Officers.
County Clerk, Ambulance Supervisor of Assessments, TB Officer
County Treasurer, State’s Attorney, Highway, Coroner
Circuit Clerk, Sheriff, EMA, 911
8. Motion to consider contract employment for Dog Catcher.
9. Marvin Meyer with GBS about health insurance their company offers for counties needs.
10. Executive Session for (Personnel and/or Litigation )
11. Other business ( Next meeting will be September 10, 2019 at 9:00 A.M. )