On Friday, August 9, at approximately 10:09 p.m. according to a crash report from the Illinois State Police District 19, Cody G. South, 18 of Enfield, driving a 1992 Ford Ranger pickup truck, lost control and rolled over three times. The accident happened on County Road 600 approximately 600 feet from 100 E. and just inside the White County line. South was accompanied by two passengers, Michael Nelson, 18 of Norris City and Andrew Inboden, age 19 of Broughton. All three were ejected from the vehicle as it rolled. They were Life Flighted to area hospitals with non life-threatening injuries. The White County Ambulance responded to the scene.
South was cited for Failure to Reduce Speed to Avoid an Accident. Nelson and Inboden were cited for No Seat Belts. S&E Auto Salvage towed the truck from the scene.
- Gov. Pritzker Signs Hospital Assessment Legislation Bringing $250 Million in Additional Federal Funding for Health Care to Illinois - July 10, 2020
- Illinois’ 55th District 2019 Oil Production Numbers - July 10, 2020
- Rend Lake College Announces 2020 Graduates From White County and Surrounding Areas - July 9, 2020
- White County Sheriff’s Report - July 9, 2020
- Next Battleground: Public Schools, as Mask Debate Heats Up Locally and Across the State - July 8, 2020