The Norris City Village board Monday night voted unanimously to ban all recreational cannabis businesses in the village. That includes all businesses involved in the growing, sale and distribution of the drug. The state of Illinois recently passed legislation allowing those activities, but left the door open for municipalities, cities, and counties to determine their own stance, whether to ban or regulate the activity. Village attorney Nathan Rowland stated that he drew up the ordinance, O-19-06, as an outright ban, based on previous comments of board members.
Subscribe here to continue reading.
- Board Greets New NCPD Officer Ethan Jones Monday Night - June 2, 2020
- Norris City Couple Report Friday Night Altercation - June 1, 2020
- Abell Threatens Stepfather in Norris City - June 1, 2020
- Young Man Suffers Burns in Springerton; Signs of Vandalism at Carmi Residence - June 1, 2020
- Benton Man Found Passed Out At Enfield Intersection in Car - June 1, 2020