The Norris City Village board Monday night voted unanimously to ban all recreational cannabis businesses in the village. That includes all businesses involved in the growing, sale and distribution of the drug. The state of Illinois recently passed legislation allowing those activities, but left the door open for municipalities, cities, and counties to determine their own stance, whether to ban or regulate the activity. Village attorney Nathan Rowland stated that he drew up the ordinance, O-19-06, as an outright ban, based on previous comments of board members.
Subscribe here to continue reading.
- Two Sentenced in White County Court on Wednesday - November 15, 2019
- Norris City Board Agrees to Purchase Police Vehicle in Special Session Wednesday - November 14, 2019
- NCOE HIgh School Posts Honor Roll - November 14, 2019
- County Gives Thumbs Down on Cannabis Business; Jim Totten Retires - November 14, 2019
- 4-H Experience Award Given to Josephine Hubele in October - November 13, 2019