The White County Sheriff’s Department received reports of theft and mail interference in White County over the weekend.
Subscribe here to continue reading.
Carmi Township Road Commissioner Chris McEwing filed a report on Saturday about a missing “Road Closed” sign and a barricade belonging to Carmi Township. McEwing said he had a road crew cutting trees at County Road 1000 E just north of Co. Rd. 1600N on Tuesday, and the signs were out to alert drivers. Sometime between 2 and 5 p.m. someone took the items, but the road crew did not see a vehicle in the area.
Alice Duvall of Crossvile reported criminal damage to her property on Saturday. She stated someone had take mail out of her mail box and scattered it along the street. She reported this is the second time it has happened to her and that it has also happened to her neighbor. She believes some neighborhood kids are doing it.
- Givens Has Until Monday to Get Name on Ballot to Oppose Rep. Darren Bailey in State Senate Race - May 28, 2020
- Meanies Social Club Plants Two Trees Over Weekend at Reservoir - May 27, 2020
- Omaha Trustee Resigns in March; Several Projects on May Agenda - May 27, 2020
- Memorial Day, Aud Quotes Karmeier: Crisis a Summons to Defend Rule of Law, Not to Abandon It - May 26, 2020
- Judge McHaney Speaks His Mind in Friday Afternoon Case - May 23, 2020