Republican voters will have the choice between two candidates for the 5th Appellate court in the March primaries, while the Democrat primary ballot has one candidate. The 5th Appellate District covers a large swath of territory in southern Illinois. The Republican candidates are Mark M. Boie of Anna, Ill. and Katherine Ruocco of Swansea, Ill. Sarah Smith (D) of Edwardsville, Ill. will be unopposed in the Democrat primary. The contested race candidates only will be examined here at this time.
Subscribe here to continue reading.
- Crossville Incident Results in Several Felony Charges; More Sheriff’s Reports - February 18, 2020
- Emilee Bishop Crowned NCOE Homecoming Queen Saturday Night - February 17, 2020
- Gov. Pritzker Announces $50 Million First Round of Matching Funds in Statewide Broadband Expansion - February 13, 2020
- Board Urged to Secure State Funding to Improve Internet Service in the County - February 12, 2020
- Carmi Township Sets Town Meeting Date - February 12, 2020