Chief Judge Tom Tedeschi has announced the entry of an Administrative Order on May 27, 2020, which authorizes the courts of the Second Judicial Circuit of Illinois to resume hearing non-emergency cases. This order, which is effective June 1, 2020, allows each Resident Circuit Judge to resume scheduling case types which had previously been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. On March 17, 2020, the Illinois Supreme Court authorized the Illinois trial courts to hear only essential matters until further notice. The Illinois Supreme Court recently ordered that the Chief Judges may authorize the resumption of all court operations effective June 1, 2020
Subscribe here to continue reading.
- Rend Lake College Announces 2020 Graduates From White County and Surrounding Areas - July 9, 2020
- White County Sheriff’s Report - July 9, 2020
- Next Battleground: Public Schools, as Mask Debate Heats Up Locally and Across the State - July 8, 2020
- Two New Cases of COVID19 Found in Gallatin and Saline Counties - July 7, 2020
- No Nomination Yet for Vacancy, TIF Policy Set by Board, Budget Passed - July 7, 2020