Mayor Roy Kissel asked the Norris City village board members on Monday night for possible names to fill the vacancy recently created by the death of Carl Whipple, stating he has 60 days to make an appointment. After that, the board has 30 days to accept or reject the nomination. Mayor Kissel would like to submit his recommendation at the next meeting. The appointment would serve until the 2021 Spring election. The Mayor stated that his preference would be to have someone who would run for the seat in that election.
Subscribe here to continue reading.
- Nancy J. Winter, CPA – Discretionary Income and Student Loans - August 10, 2020
- WC Sheriff’s Department Finds Juvenile Subjects Behind Vandalism in Crossville - August 10, 2020
- White County Sees More COVID-19 Infections on Weekend than Gallatin and Saline - August 10, 2020
- LAND RECORDS REPORT JULY 22-AUGUST 4 - August 7, 2020
- Gov. Pritzker Announces $103.5 Million for Infrastructure Improvements at 15 Community Colleges - August 7, 2020