Danny and Rhoda Dennis of Enfield began serving a Thanksgiving dinner for their family at 113 W. Main in Enfield about five years ago.
Since the building had plenty of space, they decided to invite those with nowhere to go on the holiday to join them. On Thursday, they served a full turkey and ham dinner with dressing and all the works. It was estimated around 50 people attended the dinner and meals were also packed to carry out for those who could not come in. There was no charge for the meals (but they do take donations). The Dennises also prepare food during Enfield's Mule Days event every year, with a smoker going outside the building cooking the meat. Breakfast is available in the morning and they cook lunch and dinner also.
The Christian Church in Carmi also prepared a big Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday for carryout to shut ins and for those who could come in and eat on the premises.
- Carmi Kiwanis Club Learns About First National Bank of Allendale - December 6, 2019
- Local and Statewide Candidates Meet Petition Deadline for Primaries - December 6, 2019
- Carmi Man Riding Harley Hits Deer - December 4, 2019
- Three Wheeler Reported Stolen in Grayville - December 4, 2019
- NCOE Bread Week Continues Under New Management - December 4, 2019