Danny and Rhoda Dennis of Enfield began serving a Thanksgiving dinner for their family at 113 W. Main in Enfield about five years ago.
Since the building had plenty of space, they decided to invite those with nowhere to go on the holiday to join them. On Thursday, they served a full turkey and ham dinner with dressing and all the works. It was estimated around 50 people attended the dinner and meals were also packed to carry out for those who could not come in. There was no charge for the meals (but they do take donations). The Dennises also prepare food during Enfield's Mule Days event every year, with a smoker going outside the building cooking the meat. Breakfast is available in the morning and they cook lunch and dinner also.
The Christian Church in Carmi also prepared a big Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday for carryout to shut ins and for those who could come in and eat on the premises.
- Sixth White County Resident Tests Positive for Covid-19 - July 3, 2020
- “Hell Will Freeze Over Before This Court Agrees Due Process is Flexible” as Judge Declares Governor Exceeded Authority - July 3, 2020
- PRITZKER ADMINISTRATION ANNOUNCES $250 MILLION IN ADDITIONAL RELIEF TO ASSIST COMMUNITIES WITH COVID-19 EMERGENCY RESPONSE - July 1, 2020
- White County CEO Program to Hold Trade Show Monday July 13 - July 1, 2020
- Federal Judge Remands, Pritzker’s Attorneys to Come Before Judge McHaney Again - June 30, 2020