Danny and Rhoda Dennis of Enfield began serving a Thanksgiving dinner for their family at 113 W. Main in Enfield about five years ago.
Since the building had plenty of space, they decided to invite those with nowhere to go on the holiday to join them. On Thursday, they served a full turkey and ham dinner with dressing and all the works. It was estimated around 50 people attended the dinner and meals were also packed to carry out for those who could not come in. There was no charge for the meals (but they do take donations). The Dennises also prepare food during Enfield's Mule Days event every year, with a smoker going outside the building cooking the meat. Breakfast is available in the morning and they cook lunch and dinner also.
The Christian Church in Carmi also prepared a big Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday for carryout to shut ins and for those who could come in and eat on the premises.
- Board Agrees to Sell Deteriorating Grain Bins in Omaha - January 20, 2020
- Travelstead Sentenced in White County Court on Thursday - January 17, 2020
- Two Sentenced in White County Court on Monday - January 16, 2020
- IL Farm Bureau Statement on New Agreement with China - January 16, 2020
- CARMI CHAMBER OFFERS SCHOLARSHIP TO LOCAL SENIORS - January 16, 2020