Cynthia Givens of Richland County, IL is again planning a run against Representative Darren Bailey, gathering signatures to be the Democrat candidate on the ballot for November 2020, this time for the Senate seat representing the 55th District in Illinois. Givens, a former Crossville resident, ran against Bailey in 2018 for the IL 109th District Representative, the seat he currently holds. The 55th Senate seat is being vacated by Dale Righter when his term ends next year. Up until now, Darren Bailey has been unopposed in the Senate race as the Democrat Party fielded no candidate in the March 17 primary race.
Subscribe here to continue reading.
- Rend Lake College Announces 2020 Graduates From White County and Surrounding Areas - July 9, 2020
- White County Sheriff’s Report - July 9, 2020
- Next Battleground: Public Schools, as Mask Debate Heats Up Locally and Across the State - July 8, 2020
- Two New Cases of COVID19 Found in Gallatin and Saline Counties - July 7, 2020
- No Nomination Yet for Vacancy, TIF Policy Set by Board, Budget Passed - July 7, 2020