The Illinois General Assembly voted to remove Representative Darren Bailey from the Assembly floor yesterday for refusing to wear a mask in violation of a new Assembly rule. The rule requiring mask-wearing on the assembly floor was passed Wednesday morning with a 91-12 vote. Upon Representative Darren Bailey's refusal to wear a mask during the Assembly, the Illinois legislators voted to evict Bailey from the meeting on a vote of 81-27. The photo below shows the arrangements made for the legislators to meet.
The Assembly is meeting in a downtown Springfield convention center to allow for "social distancing" which is obviously well in effect.
- Givens Has Until Monday to Get Name on Ballot to Oppose Rep. Darren Bailey in State Senate Race - May 28, 2020
- Meanies Social Club Plants Two Trees Over Weekend at Reservoir - May 27, 2020
- Omaha Trustee Resigns in March; Several Projects on May Agenda - May 27, 2020
- Memorial Day, Aud Quotes Karmeier: Crisis a Summons to Defend Rule of Law, Not to Abandon It - May 26, 2020
- Judge McHaney Speaks His Mind in Friday Afternoon Case - May 23, 2020