Regular Meeting of Board of Education
Carmi-White County Community Unit District No. 5
Jefferson Attendance Center (annex building)
Monday, August 21, 2023, 7:00 p.m.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Call to Order and Roll Call.
3. Approve Consent Agenda:
- A. Minutes of July 17, 2023, regular board meeting
- B. Final Action of Change in Board Policies 2:170 Procurement of Architectural, Engineering, and Land Surveying Services; 4:45 Insufficient Fund Checks and Debt Recovery; 4:100 Insurance Management; 5:230 Maintaining Student Discipline; 7:305 Student Athlete Concussions and Head Injuries.
- C. Leave Request
- D. Donations
4. Approve Bills.
5. Approve Treasurer’s Report.
6. Public Communications with the Board. PLEASE NOTE: PUBLIC COMMENTS CONCERNING PERSONNEL OF THE DISTRICT SHOULD BE MADE IN CLOSED SESSIONS OF THE BOARD.
7. Reports, Updates, & Information
- A. Principals’ Reports and Communications
- B. Superintendent’s Report to the Board and Communications.
8. Unfinished Business
- A. Second School Resource Officer.
9. New Business
- A. Tentative FY24 Budget.
- B. Change in Date of Regular Scheduled Board Meeting.
- C. Special Board Meeting Notice for Board Budget.
10. Closed Session (Personnel).
11. Action Following Closed Session.
- A. Consideration and possible action upon the resignations, reassignments, employment of new district employees, and approval of a district volunteer for the 2023-2024 school year.