The Carmi Kiwanis Club heard from Dean Ackerman at their weekly meeting about The First National Bank of Allendale.
Subscribe here to continue reading.
Ackerman, joined by Chris Myers and Kira Sexton, told the Club that the bank was chartered in 1906. A Mt. Carmel branch, now the main facility, opened in 1984. In 2016, they purchased First State Bank of West Salem and are now opening a facility in Carmi.
Ackerman noted that First National Bank of Allendale specializes in ag lending, with over 100 years of experience in ag lending alone. They also provide residential and consumer loans.
The Carmi facility of the First National Bank of Allendale is located at 1500 West Main Street. They will be able to open accounts and will have an ATM that accepts deposits. They will also be able to originate, underwrite, approve and forward loan payments.
Ackerman noted that the Carmi facility is “set up to build relationships.” He noted that, once open, hours will be Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. “We invite you to come see us,” Ackerman told the club.
In Club business, Key Club Sponsor Doug Hays introduced three Key Club Members in attendance. During the Good News portion of the meeting, it was noted First Bank still had children on the Giving Tree needing sponsors and will also still accept donations toward the program.
- Travelstead Sentenced in White County Court on Thursday - January 17, 2020
- Two Sentenced in White County Court on Monday - January 16, 2020
- IL Farm Bureau Statement on New Agreement with China - January 16, 2020
- CARMI CHAMBER OFFERS SCHOLARSHIP TO LOCAL SENIORS - January 16, 2020
- Swanner Faces 1st Degree Murder Charges After Mother Dies - January 16, 2020