On Thursday, October 8, Hamilton County hosted the IHSA Class 1A Golf Regional. This match took place at Green Hills Golf Course located in Mt.Vernon, Ill.
This would be an environment that the Fighting Cardinal golfers would not be very familiar with for more than one reason. First, NCOE had not golfed on this course thus far this year, and secondly, this match would consist of 11 teams instead of the normal three or four that they were accustomed to seeing.
Although the surroundings were unusual in numerous ways, some things were not unusual and that would be the top performances put up by the NCOE team. At the end of the day, the Fighting Cardinals would find two of their competitors, Dakota Bond and Andy Brinkley, advancing to Sectionals at Anna on Monday, October 12. Bond was the top NCOE qualifier shooting an 81 while Brinkley followed him in second with a score of 90. Other Fighting Cardinals golfing in this match were Justin Brock, Brandon Skaggs, and Treylan Veach.
NCOE golfed exceptionally well on the day, but found themselves finishing in seventh place. Carmi White County and Hamilton County were dominant as always finishing first and second respectively to advance as a team.
- Jr. Lady Cardinals Squeeze into Regional Championship - September 30, 2019
- Lady Cardinals Come Alive Late to Collect 8th Grade Night Victory - September 25, 2019
- Late Rally Leads Jr. Cards to Victory - September 25, 2019
- Lady Cardinal Softball Shuts Lady Bearcats Out on Tuesday - September 25, 2019
- Jr. Lady Cardinals Dispose of Lady Hawks Monday - September 25, 2019