Visitor Stan Hill of Norris City brought information to the county board on Tuesday night about $116 million in Federal funds that had been released for rural broadband in southern Illinois. Only problem was, White County wasn’t one of the counties listed as receiving any of it. Gallatin, Hardin, Johnson, Pope and Saline Counties were the areas cited as the ones to receive broadband improvements over the next decade, and that work has already started.
Subscribe here to continue reading.
- NC Board Approves Insurance, IDOT Agreement, and Purchase of Sanitary Jet - April 7, 2020
- “Drive Through” Food Pantry Serves 87 Families at The Roads Church on Saturday - April 6, 2020
- Due to “Social Distancing” Requirements, Norris City Village Board Will Meet By Teleconference Monday Night - April 4, 2020
- Boil Order Issued for NC Customers East of the Reservoir - April 2, 2020
- People v. Brown Decision Handed Down Today from IL Supreme Court, Remands Case Back to 2nd Circuit With Instructions - April 2, 2020