Visitor Stan Hill of Norris City brought information to the county board on Tuesday night about $116 million in Federal funds that had been released for rural broadband in southern Illinois. Only problem was, White County wasn’t one of the counties listed as receiving any of it. Gallatin, Hardin, Johnson, Pope and Saline Counties were the areas cited as the ones to receive broadband improvements over the next decade, and that work has already started.
Subscribe here to continue reading.
- Crossville Incident Results in Several Felony Charges; More Sheriff’s Reports - February 18, 2020
- Emilee Bishop Crowned NCOE Homecoming Queen Saturday Night - February 17, 2020
- Gov. Pritzker Announces $50 Million First Round of Matching Funds in Statewide Broadband Expansion - February 13, 2020
- Board Urged to Secure State Funding to Improve Internet Service in the County - February 12, 2020
- Carmi Township Sets Town Meeting Date - February 12, 2020