Visitor Stan Hill of Norris City brought information to the county board on Tuesday night about $116 million in Federal funds that had been released for rural broadband in southern Illinois. Only problem was, White County wasn’t one of the counties listed as receiving any of it. Gallatin, Hardin, Johnson, Pope and Saline Counties were the areas cited as the ones to receive broadband improvements over the next decade, and that work has already started.
Subscribe here to continue reading.
- Sixth White County Resident Tests Positive for Covid-19 - July 3, 2020
- “Hell Will Freeze Over Before This Court Agrees Due Process is Flexible” as Judge Declares Governor Exceeded Authority - July 3, 2020
- PRITZKER ADMINISTRATION ANNOUNCES $250 MILLION IN ADDITIONAL RELIEF TO ASSIST COMMUNITIES WITH COVID-19 EMERGENCY RESPONSE - July 1, 2020
- White County CEO Program to Hold Trade Show Monday July 13 - July 1, 2020
- Federal Judge Remands, Pritzker’s Attorneys to Come Before Judge McHaney Again - June 30, 2020