Update 9/16: The quilt show has been cancelled.
Jet Black and the Cadillacs will grace the Dairy Day stage again this year on Saturday night, September 25 starting at 7:00 p.m.
First on the entertainment agenda for Norris City Dairy Day is Jared and Hillary Mitchell, who will take the stage Friday night after the crowning of the new Dairy Day Queen. Jared&Hillary Mitchell are a husband/wife duo hailing from Norris City Ill. and Destin Fla. [Read more...]
After a year’s hiatus due to COVID, the Norris City Dairy Day Committee is happy to announce that plans are moving forward for this year’s celebration, which will be held on Friday and Saturday, September 24th and 25th. With this being Norris City’s sesquicentennial year (150), the theme chosen for this year’s festival is “Looking Back, MOOving Forward.” [Read more...]
- Approval of minutes, treasurer’s report, bills
- Visitors comments
- Committee reports--Kevin Pettijohn - Park lighting
- Police reports
- Animal control reports
- 6.Sidewalk repair
- TIF requests----Lion’s club roof projects---Amount to pledge from TIF account--- Agreement
8. Ramp into Sr. Citizen’s building
9. Water rate correction
Refund from PEFA program
10. Notices sent concerning abandoned vehicles, weeks, trash etc.
11. Closed session—contract concerning farm land
12. Return to open meeting - if necessary, vote on motions coming from closed session
13. Shorty’s BBQ and Dairy Day weekend
14. Trick or Treat----Be thinking about to have or not to have 2020---Decide at October meeting
Next meeting Oct. 5, 2020 at 7 pm
Entries were down this year as reported by Arts and Crafts chairperson, Cindy Short. Here are the results of the show in the various categories.
Walk of Faith
A large group of 86 walkers met up on Saturday morning to the Annual Walk of Faith which has been a part of Dairy Days for some 20 plus years. This group got their exercise in while promoting Jesus too! Jacob Dodson arrived late, but made the entire walk. The bible says that "the last will be first." Way to go, Jacob!
Subscribe here to continue reading.