Shelby J. Busler, 80, of Norris City, passed away at 8:42 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 24, 2018 at her residence. She was born in New Haven, Ill. on Dec. 18, 1937, the daughter of Elmer Sanford and Reba (Givens) Browning. Shelby married Revis Elmo Busler on July 5, 1957 and he survives. She was a custodian at Crossroads Bible Church where she was a founding member. She had previously worked at Blevins Popcorn in Ridgway. She was a strong woman who overcame a lot including surviving breast cancer.
Shelby is survived by her husband, Revis Busler, of Norris City; brother, Jim (Lucretia) Browning, of Wisconsin; two sisters, Shirley Bates, of Lawrenceville and Bonnie (Jimmy Jack) Sisk, of Junction; numerous nieces and nephews including those she helped raised, Veronica (Christian) Cox and family, Melanie Rains and family, Randall (Tara) Busler and family and Sarah (Corey) Rice and family. She was preceded in death by her parents and two sisters, Dorothy Ewan and Patsy Drone.
Funeral services for Shelby J. Busler, 80, of Norris City will be held at 11:00 a.m. Saturday, January 27, 2018 at Crossroads Bible Church. Burial will be in Union Ridge Cemetery in Norris City. Visitation will be from 9:00 a.m. until service time at 11:00 a.m. at Crossroad Bible Church. Campbell Funeral Home in Norris City is in charge of arrangements.
- All escapees back in custody in White Co. Jail - July 12, 2018
- AG’s office says TrueFlo is complying - July 11, 2018
- Norris City homes sustain damage in two storms; tornado, microburst seen - July 4, 2018
- Red, white and BBQ; Shorty’s opens June 30 - July 4, 2018
- Board says El Mexicano can apply for alcohol license; may open in 2 weeks - July 3, 2018