Scott A. Prince, 47, of Carmi passed away at 12:57 a.m., Sunday, July 30, 2017 at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, Ind. He was born in Carmi on Oct. 18, 1969 the son of Doyle E. and Janice (Faulkner) Prince. Scott married Leslie Ledford on March 23, 1996. He was a 1987 graduate of Carmi Community High School and received his Associates Degree in Automotive from SIC. He operated Prince Lawn Care. Scott loved to be outdoors, bow hunting, crappie fishing, working on cars and going to the drag strip.
Scott is survived by his wife of 21 years, Leslie of Carmi; his father, Doyle Prince of Carmi; a daughter, Alexa Prince of Carmi; a son, Bryce Prince of Carmi; a granddaughter who called him, “Poppop,” Charlotte Mason; a brother, Greg (Ellen) Prince of Carrier Mills; a brother-in-law, Daniel (Rachel) Ledford of Carmi; a niece, Katelyn Prince; and a nephew, William Ledford. He was preceded in death by his mother, Janice Prince on December 25, 2016.
Funeral services for Scott A. Prince, 47, of Carmi will be at 12:00 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 1, 2017 at Ditney Ridge Baptist Church in Norris City with Pastor Chris Marsh officiating. Burial will be in Ditney Ridge Cemetery. Visitation will be on Tuesday from 10:00 a.m. until service time at noon at the church. Memorial contributions may be made to Campbell Funeral Home in Carmi to assist with funeral expenses.
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Norris City - December 13, 2017
- John Cozart, Carmi - December 6, 2017
- TrueFlo Solutions cited for contempt - December 6, 2017
- Board votes to give employees pay raise - December 6, 2017
- Phillipstown Roasters hold “coffee tasting” event in Carmi during Small Business Saturday - November 30, 2017