Ruth L. Healy, 85, of Enfield, passed away at Wabash Christian Village on Monday morning, January 22, 2018, to be with her Lord and Savior and reunited with her husband, Gerald. She was born on August 20, 1932 in Enfield, the daughter of Claude and Berna (Huffaker) Crawford. She married Gerald F. Healy on November 22, 1952 in Fairfield and he preceded her in death on November 24, 2013.
Mrs. Healy was a farmer’s wife and worked as a seamstress at Kern Manufacturing in Enfield. She also worked for years for Elledge Funeral Home and Stendeback Family Funeral Home. She loved genealogy and published a Healy Family History book, along with Pauline Warthen. She belonged to the Enfield United Methodist Church and attended First Southern Baptist Church in Norris City.
She is survived by son, Stephen E. (Etta) Healy, daughter, Rebecca A. (Bob) Connaway, five grandchildren, fourteen great-grandchildren, sister, Reba (Carl) Cushman, sister-in-law, Eileen Healy, and several nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by husband, Gerald, parents, and sister, Ruby E. Williams.
Funeral services will be held at Noon on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at Stendeback Family Funeral Home in Enfield. Visitation will be from 10 until the time of the service. Burial will be in Enfield Cemetery. Online condolences may be left at stendebackfamilyfuneralhome.com
- All escapees back in custody in White Co. Jail - July 12, 2018
- AG’s office says TrueFlo is complying - July 11, 2018
- Norris City homes sustain damage in two storms; tornado, microburst seen - July 4, 2018
- Red, white and BBQ; Shorty’s opens June 30 - July 4, 2018
- Board says El Mexicano can apply for alcohol license; may open in 2 weeks - July 3, 2018