The Village of Omaha is planning an ice cream social at the Omaha reservoir on June 9. Inflatables will be rented for the children and vendors will be present. The ice cream is being donated. The event will be from 1-5 p.m. with a $3 charge for ice cream. The board voted to spend up to $200 from the recreation fund toward the rental of the inflatables.
President Bob Lambert called the May meeting of the Omaha Village Board to order at 7 p.m. Beverly Loderback arrived at 7:10 and Scott Sauls arrived at 7:18 with all other board members present at 7 p.m. along with Treasurer Jane Schultz, and Clerk Patti Odle Chittenden.
The Clerk made a statement to the attendees that if proceedings are being recorded, it should be made known to everyone. She also reminded everyone that executive sessions are not to be recorded. The minutes of the April meeting were approved. The monthly bills were approved for payment.
Treasurer Jane Schultz reported that the USDA audit is complete. The yearly audit with Botsch is scheduled to begin in June. Leann Denny has been contacted regarding a CF grant for the Fire Department.
A thank you was received from NCOE for the donation to the after-graduation party.
Bob gave the Fire Department report. 750 feet of hose has been pressure tested. An injury occurred on scene with a firefighter. He was taken to the ER and released. He is fine now. There were four calls for the month, including an extraction. The First responder class has been scheduled to begin in June.
President Bob Lambert reported that he and Andy have cleaned the sand filters. They will be cleaned again around June 1.
The question of the power rodder has been put on hold.
A portion of the November meeting minutes were read. It stated that the McKee offer for the Hansborough property was accepted unanimously by the board.
Board member Ashley Douglass asked the board to give the reservoir a name. She will present suggestions at the next meeting for the board to choose from.
It is time for the annual tax levy, estimated budget and approprations. President Bob Lambert will bring a list of recommended tax levies to the next meeting.
Lambert let the board know that the village will need summer help again with mowing and weed eating. The board suggested hiring the same young man as last year if he is available. The board voted to hire Devyn to do the summer work.
President Lambert has been researching the use of TIF funds. They can be used for economic development and improvement. He would like to develop the park and reservoir campsites and get new signage. Beverly volunteered to help with this and Scott Sauls will too as time allows.
The board suggested that President Lambert contact Vonda Drone and/or Robert Vanil or their predecessors regarding the use of TIF funds.
Several properties are in need of repair. A hole connected with the sewage system has developed on the Danny York property. There is a hole in the alley behind Murlene York’s property. Both need to be filled in with dirt. There is a water leak at the Mayberry property. The storm drain is blowing out at Davis and Harrell. A blowout still exists at the Clyde Henderson property. Dirt is need to cover the inlets behind the Village Shop and the property needs checked for an open drain.
The board went into executive session as 8:03 p.m. to discuss legal liabilities. Topics for discussion are: the code of conduct/employee handbook, blighted buildings and a previous property purchase.
The board came out of executive session at 8:18 p.m. and the meeting adjourned at 8:19 p.m.