Mayor Roy Kissell signed a proclamation presented by Ed Oliver of Norris City, designating Monday, November 11, 2019 as War Emergency (Big Inch) Pipeline Day in Norris City. On Monday, a plaque commemorating the completion of the Big Inch pipeline in Norris City on February 19, 1943, will be installed near the Enbridge/Texas Eastern terminal on E. Main St. in Norris City. This historical marker was authorized by the Illinois State Historical Society and Enbridge/Texas Eastern and marks the construction of the War Emergency Pipeline which originated at Longview, Texas during WW2 and came overland 531 miles to connect at Norris City with the Big Four Railroad for transportation to the east coast. Crude oil was also stored in 15 tanks holding 80,000 barrels at the terminal at the time.
The ceremony will be held on Monday, November 11 at 2 p.m. at the terminal. The public is invited.
- Travelstead Sentenced in White County Court on Thursday - January 17, 2020
- Two Sentenced in White County Court on Monday - January 16, 2020
- IL Farm Bureau Statement on New Agreement with China - January 16, 2020
- CARMI CHAMBER OFFERS SCHOLARSHIP TO LOCAL SENIORS - January 16, 2020
- Swanner Faces 1st Degree Murder Charges After Mother Dies - January 16, 2020