The Norris City-Omaha-Enfield Lady Cardinal softball squad ventured to Fairfield to take on the New Hope Lady Panthers in a non conference game. NCOE did not get off to a very good start on the offensive end when they found themselves trailing 5-0 following three innings of play. When the fourth inning started the Lady Cardinals came alive on the offensive end as they pushed four runs across the plate to cut into the New Hope lead. Two more runs in the top of the fifth inning would prove valuable giving the Lady Cardinals their first lead of the game at 6-5. NCOE would hold the Lady Panthers scoreless the remainder of the way along with scoring two more runs to pull off the come from behind 8-5 victory.
Avery Black led the Lady Cardinal offense with a team high three hits. Mercedes Hise added two hits followed by Mallory Fulkerson, Mallory Hobbs, and Elise Hortin with one hit a piece. Hobbs gathered a team high two RBI's followed by one each from Carmyn Daugherty, Black, Lauren Poole, and Trinity Boyd. Those scoring runs were Avery Black (3), Trinity Boyd (2), Mercedes Hise (1), Lauren Poole (1), and Elise Hortin (1).
Mercedes Hise hurled the complete game allowing five runs (two earned) on three hits and striking out seven.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Runs Hits Errors
NCOE 0 0 0 4 2 1 1 8 8 4
N.H. 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 5 3 4
- Wildcat Pitching Keeps Jr. Cardinals at Bay - September 14, 2019
- Lady Cardinals win 2 out of 3 in Fairfield weekend Tournament - September 12, 2019
- Hise Fans 14 in Victory - September 12, 2019
- Lady Cardinals Too Much for Lady Pirates - September 12, 2019
- Lady Cardinals Too Much for Lady Pirates at Norris City - September 12, 2019