The Norris City-Omaha-Enfield Junior Cardinal baseball team jumped into Little Greater Egyptian Conference action Monday afternoon when they traveled to Gallatin County to take on the Jr. Hawks.
First inning action started out very optimistic for NCOE as they quickly captured the 1-0 lead following one inning of play. This 1-0 score would stand until the top of the third inning when the Junior Cardinals struck again for two runs to stretch their advantage to 3-0. Another run in the top of the fourth inning for NCOE followed up by the fourth shutout inning of their opponent found the Junior Cardinals leading 4-0. At this time the tides changed as NCOE was unable to muster another run the remainder of the game, and their opponent managed to plate two runs in each of the fifth and sixth innings to knot the contest at 4 all. This tie was broken in the bottom of the seventh in walk off fashion as Gallatin County scored the deciding run to hand the Junior Cardinals the 5-4 loss.
Leading the hitting column with two for NCOE was Tate Riggs. Others with a hit in the contest were Cord Tucker, Erik Healy, Colby Prather, and Ethan Bridges. C. Prather led the team with two RBI’s followed by Riggs with one. Those scoring runs were Cord Tucker (2), Preston Long (1), and Erik Healy (1).
Tate Riggs was the starting pitcher for the Junior Cardinals going the distance allowing five runs (two earned) on four hits and striking out 12.
- Healy, Prather and Tucker repp’n Jr Cards Baseball at Class M All-Star game - October 17, 2018
- Fighting Cardinals Claim 2nd Place in GEC Conference - October 17, 2018
- Right is right, wrong is wrong…a State trophy for Jr. Cardinal Baseball does belong - October 17, 2018
- Jr. Cards victim of controversial loss at State Tourney - October 3, 2018
- STATE BOUND… NCOE Jr. Cards Walk Away Victorious Over Albion - October 2, 2018