The Norris City-Omaha-Enfield Lady Cardinal softball team kicked off a busy week by playing host to the Pope County Lady Pirates. Following one inning of play the Lady Cardinals found themselves holding the early 2-1 lead. The Lady Cardinals add five more runs to this to stretch their advantage to 7-1 heading into the third inning of play. At this time, NCOE would surrender another run to the Lady Pirates but that would be all they would allow as they added three more runs of their own in the fourth inning and two more in the fifth to short game Pope County by the final score of 12-2.
Avery Black knocked out two hits in the game to lead the way for NCOE followed by Alexis Rush, Mallory Hobbs, and Trinity Boyd with one hit a piece. Mercedes Hise led the RBI column with two while Black, Hobbs, Anyston Barton, and Alivia Zenner each added one. Those scoring runs for the Lady Cardinals (5-2) were Lauren Poole (3), Mercedes Hise (2), Avery Black (2), Alexis Rush (1), Sydnee Sauls (1), Trinity Boyd (1), and Claira Powell (1).
Mercedes Hise went the distance for the Lady Cardinals as she allowed two runs (one earned) on just three hits while striking out eight.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Runs Hits Errors
P.C. 1 0 1 0 0 X X 2 3 5
NCOE 2 5 0 3 2 X X 12 5 3
- Wildcat Pitching Keeps Jr. Cardinals at Bay - September 14, 2019
- Lady Cardinals win 2 out of 3 in Fairfield weekend Tournament - September 12, 2019
- Hise Fans 14 in Victory - September 12, 2019
- Lady Cardinals Too Much for Lady Pirates - September 12, 2019
- Lady Cardinals Too Much for Lady Pirates at Norris City - September 12, 2019