The NCOE Lady Cardinal softball team got off to a good start Monday afternoon when they traveled to Thompsonville to kick off their conference play. NCOE wasted little time in hitting the scoreboard as they jumped out to the early 5-0 lead following one inning of play. The Lady Cardinals add nine more to that score in the top of the second inning to push the score to 14-0. With the game in control, the Lady Cardinals were able to relax a bit as they cruised to the 19-5 victory.
Mercedes Hise led the way with the bat as she collected a team high four hits followed closely by Avery Black with three hits. Elise Hortin, Carmyn Daugherty, and Lauren Poole added two hits along with one hit each from Sydnee Sauls, Cora Humphrey, Alivia Zenner, and Mallory Hobbs. Black led the RBI column with four followed a by Daugherty, Hise, and Poole with two each, and one RBI for Hortin, Zenner, Claira Powell, and Sauls.
Starting pitcher, Mercedes Hise, pitched the first two innings allowing one unearned run on no hits and striking out four. Avery Black relieved Hise to hurl one inning allowing no runs on no hits while striking out three before giving way to Sydnee Sauls who would pitch the final two innings allowing three runs (two earned) on two hits and striking out three.
1. 2 3 4 5 6 7 Runs Hits Errors
NCOE 5 9 1 2 2 X X 19 17 2
T-ville 0 1 1 1 2 X X 5 2 3
- Jr. Lady Cardinals Squeeze into Regional Championship - September 30, 2019
- Lady Cardinals Come Alive Late to Collect 8th Grade Night Victory - September 25, 2019
- Late Rally Leads Jr. Cards to Victory - September 25, 2019
- Lady Cardinal Softball Shuts Lady Bearcats Out on Tuesday - September 25, 2019
- Jr. Lady Cardinals Dispose of Lady Hawks Monday - September 25, 2019