The 8th grade squad had no rest as they boarded the bus Saturday morning, March 9, to participate in the LGEC Tournament.
“The team had to regroup after the loss the night before,” Coach Jaclyn Melton said.
They first met Gallatin County for the fourth time this season and made quick work of the match 25-14, 25-7.
After sitting through two matches, the Jr. Cards took on Crab Orchard, who had pushed the Cards earlier in the season. But the squad was ready for this match and won 25-15, 25-23.
“After the tough competition we have played lately, the girls didn’t panic when they were pushed,” Melton said
Vollman led the scoring with 23 points, followed by Barton with 13 and Scroggins with 12. Everett and Black had 6 each and Bryant and Warren one.
Offensively, Everett had a big day with 24 kills, and Vollman had 7. Bryant and Scroggins had 4 apiece, and Vinyard had 2. Barton had one. Vollman had 27 assists, Barton added 5 and Everett 3. Bryant had 2, with one assist each from Scroggins and Warren.
Defensively, Barton had seven digs, and Everett 4 digs and 2 blocks. Three digs each were recorded by Vollman, Scroggins and Warren. Black added one.
The wins gave the Jr. Lady Cards a 17-4 record.
- Jr. Cardinal Track fares well at Hamilton County Invitational - April 17, 2019
- Jr. Lady Cardinals place 2nd at State! - April 3, 2019
- Jr. Lady Cardinals Regional Champs - March 27, 2019
- Jr. Lady Cardinals win Conference Tournament - March 20, 2019
- Jr. Lady Cardinals victorious in Carrier Mills - March 13, 2019