The Norris City-Omaha-Enfield Fighting Cardinal baseball team jumped into Greater Egyptian Conference play Tuesday afternoon when they ventured to Junction to take on the Gallatin County Hawks.
First inning action started and it appeared that this contest was going to be a pitchers’ duel as the first inning came to a close with nary a run scored. This scoreless streak came to a close in the bottom of the second inning when the Hawks struck for three runs to claim the 3-0 lead. This score would remain until the bottom of the fourth inning when the Hawks were able to cross the plate two more times to extend their advantage to 5-0. Another two runs for Gallatin County in the bottom of the fifth inning would put an end to the scoring on the day. This, however, was too much for NCOE to overcome as they fell by the final score of 7-0.
Hitting was sparse for the Fighting Cardinals but Brandon Skaggs, CJ Richardson, and Nathaniel Wilson were each able to knock out one a piece.
Wade Sauls took the loss on the bump as he fired five innings allowing seven runs (six earned) on just four hits and striking out three. Ty Lane relieved Sauls to pitch the final inning allowing no runs on no hits.
- Lady Cardinals hold off Lady Bison - April 17, 2019
- Fighting Cardinals collect third straight win - April 17, 2019
- Fighting Cardinals knock out 19 hits to defeat pirates - April 10, 2019
- Fighting Cardinals keep Wildcats at bay - April 3, 2019
- Fighting Cardinals fall to Hawks on the road - March 27, 2019