The Norris City-Omaha-Enfield Fighting Cardinal baseball team jumped back to action Monday afternoon when they stepped out of conference play and traveled to Eldorado to take on the Class 2A Eagles.
NCOE struggled at the plate early on as they were held scoreless through the first four innings of play. This scoring drought quickly found the Fighting Cardinals trailing 10-0 heading into the fifth inning of play. This fifth inning would find the NCOE bats waking up as they managed to plate two runs and narrow the Eagle lead to just eight. Unfortunately for the Fighting Cardinals this would be all they could muster as they fell to Eldorado by the final score of 11-2.
Hits were hard to come by for the Fighting Cardinals as they only collected three. Those with a hit were Jack Riggs, Brandon Skaggs, and Houston Money. Trey Simmons and Riggs each scored a run while Skaggs collected the lone RBI.
Jack Riggs took the loss on the bump for NCOE firing 3 1/3 innings allowing 10 runs (7 earned) on 11 hits and striking out two. Ty Lane relieved Riggs to throw the final 2 2/3 innings allowing one run on just three hits.
- Healy, Prather and Tucker repp’n Jr Cards Baseball at Class M All-Star game - October 17, 2018
- Fighting Cardinals Claim 2nd Place in GEC Conference - October 17, 2018
- Right is right, wrong is wrong…a State trophy for Jr. Cardinal Baseball does belong - October 17, 2018
- Jr. Cards victim of controversial loss at State Tourney - October 3, 2018
- STATE BOUND… NCOE Jr. Cards Walk Away Victorious Over Albion - October 2, 2018