The Norris City-Omaha-Enfield Fighting Cardinal baseball team jumped back to action Monday afternoon when they stepped out of conference play and traveled to Eldorado to take on the Class 2A Eagles.
NCOE struggled at the plate early on as they were held scoreless through the first four innings of play. This scoring drought quickly found the Fighting Cardinals trailing 10-0 heading into the fifth inning of play. This fifth inning would find the NCOE bats waking up as they managed to plate two runs and narrow the Eagle lead to just eight. Unfortunately for the Fighting Cardinals this would be all they could muster as they fell to Eldorado by the final score of 11-2.
Hits were hard to come by for the Fighting Cardinals as they only collected three. Those with a hit were Jack Riggs, Brandon Skaggs, and Houston Money. Trey Simmons and Riggs each scored a run while Skaggs collected the lone RBI.
Jack Riggs took the loss on the bump for NCOE firing 3 1/3 innings allowing 10 runs (7 earned) on 11 hits and striking out two. Ty Lane relieved Riggs to throw the final 2 2/3 innings allowing one run on just three hits.
- Fighting Cardinals dominate Bison - January 16, 2019
- Foul trouble hinders Fighting Cardinals at Pope Co. - January 16, 2019
- Jr. Cards struggle but survive on 8th Grade Night - January 16, 2019
- Fighting Cardinals survive late rally by Foxes - January 9, 2019
- Jr. Cards start 2019 victorious - January 9, 2019