The Carmi White County Board of Education of Community Unit District No. 5 will hold its regular meeting
at the Washington Attendance Center Cafeteria on Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 7:00 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Call to Order and Roll Call.
Approve Consent Agenda:
- A. Minutes of December 19, 2022 regular board meeting\
- B. Board Scholars, first semester, 2022-2023 school year
- C. Proposed Changes in Board Policies: 2:100 Board Member Conflict of Interest; 2:105 Ethics and Gift Ban; 2:210 Organizational Board of Education Meeting; 2:265 Title IX Sexual Harassment Grievance Procedure; 4:10 Fiscal and Business Management; 4:140 Waiver of Student Fees; 4:165 Awareness and Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse and Grooming Behaviors; 5:20 Workplace Harassment Prohibited; 5:120 Employee Ethics; Code of Professional Conduct; and Conflict of Interest; 5:220 Substitute Teachers; 5:250 Leaves of Absence; 5:280 Duties and Qualifications; 5:320 Evaluation; 5:330 Sick Days, Vacation, Holidays, and Leaves; 6:15 School Accountability; 6:20 School Year Calendar and Day; 6:60 Curriculum Content; 6:65 Student Social and Emotional Development; 6:250 Community Resource Persons and Volunteers; 6:255 Assemblies and Ceremonies; 6:260 Complaints About Curriculum, Instructional Materials, and Programs; 6:130 High school Credit for Non-District Experiences; Course Substitutions; Re-Entering Students; 6:340 Student Testing and Assessment Program; 7:50 School Admissions and Student Transfers To and From Non-District Schools; 7:70 Attendance and Truancy; 7:100 Health, Eye, and Dental Examinations; Immunizations; and Exclusion of Students; 7:180 Prevention of and Response to Bullying, Intimidation, and Harassment; 7:250 Student Support Services; 7:270 Administering Medicines to Students; 7:285 Anaphylaxis Prevention, Response, and Management Program; 7:290 Suicide and Depression Awareness and Prevention; and 7:340 Student Records.
- D. Review and Monitoring of Board Policies: 2:150 Committees; 2:250 Access to District Public Records; 3:10 Goals and Objectives; 4:55 Use of Credit and Procurement Cards; 5:170 Copyright; 5:190 Teacher Qualifications; 5:260 Student Teachers; 6:130 Program for the Gifted; and 6:270 Guidance and Counseling Program.
- E. Certified Staff Retirements
- F. Support Staff Retirement
- G. Resignations
- H. Donation
Approve Treasurer’s Report.
Public Communications with the Board.
PLEASE NOTE: PUBLIC COMMENTS CONCERNING PERSONNEL OF THE DISTRICT SHOULD BE MADE IN CLOSED SESSION OF THE BOARD.
Superintendent’s Report to the Board and Communications.
Closed Session (Personnel).
Action Following Closed Session.
Consideration and action upon the approval of a Building Volunteer at Jefferson Attendance Center for the 2022-2023 school year.
Consideration and action upon the employment of the High School Assistant Baseball Coach for the 2022-2023 school year.
Consideration and action upon the employment of a Full Time District School Bus Driver for the 2022-2023 school year.