Regular Meeting of Board of Education
Carmi-White County Community Unit District No. 5
Carmi-White County Junior/Senior High School Cafeteria
Tuesday. January 18.2022, 7:00p.m.
I. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Call to Order and Roll Call.
3. Approve Consent Agenda:
- A. Minutes of December 13, 2021 regular board meeting
- B. Board Scholars, first semester, 2021-2022 school year
- C. Final Action on Adoption of Board Policies: 4:165 Awareness and Prevention of
Child Sexual Abuse and Grooming Behaviors and 7:160 Student Appearance.
- D. Final Action of Changes in Board Policies: 2:20 Powers and Duties of the Board of Education; Indemnification; 2:105 Ethics and Gift Ban; 2:110 Qualifications, Term, and Duties of Board Officers; 2:120 Board Member Development; 2:220 Board of Education Meeting Procedure; 2:260 Uniform Grievance Procedure; 3:40 · Superintendent; 3:50 Administrative Personnel Other Than the Superintendent; 3:60 Administrative Responsibility of the Building Principal; 4:60 Purchases and Contracts; 4:160 Environmental Quality of Buildings and Grounds; 4:170 Safety; 4:175 Convicted Child Sex Offender; Screening; Notifications; 5:10 Equal Employment Opportunity and Minority Recruitment; 5:20 Workplace Harassment Prohibited; 5:30 Hiring Process and Criteria; 5:50 Drug- and Alcohol-Free Workplace; E-Cigarette, Tobacco, and Cannabis Prohibition; 5:90 Abused and Neglected Child Reporting; 5: I 00 Staff Development Program; 5:120 Employee Ethics; Conduct; and Conflict of Interest; 5:125 Personal Technology and Social Media; Usage and Conduct; 5:150 Personnel Records; 5:185 Family and Medical Leave; 5:200 Terms and Conditions of Employment and Dismissal; 5:220 Substitute Teachers; 5:250 Leaves of Absence; 5:330 Sick Days, Vacation, Holidays, and Leaves; 6:15 School Accountability; 6:20 School Year Calendar and Day; 6:50 School Wellness; 6:60 Curriculum Content; 6:120 Education of Children with Disabilities; 6:135 Accelerated Placement Program; 6:300 Graduation Requirements; 6:340 Student Testing and Assessment Program; 7:10 Equal Educational Opportunities; 7:20 Harassment of Students Prohibited; 7:60 Residence; 7:70 Attendance and Truancy; 7:80 Release Time for Religious Instruction/Observance; 7:150 Agency and Police Interviews; 7:180 Prevention of and Response to Bullying, Intimidation, and Harassment; 7:190 Student Behavior; 7:200 Suspension Procedures; 7:210 Expulsion Procedures; 7:240 Conduct Code for Participants in Extracurricular Activities; 7:250 Student Support Services; 7:260 Exemption from Physical Education; 7:290 Suicide and Depression Awareness and
Prevention; 7:310 Restrictions on Publications; Elementary Schools; 7:315 Restrictions on Publications; High Schools; 7:340 Student Records; and 7:345 Use of Educational Technologies; Student Data Privacy and Security.
- E. Support Staff Retirement
- F. Resignations
- G. Donations
4. Approve Bills.
5. Approve Treasurer's Report.
6. Public Communications with the Board.
PLEASE NOTE: PUBLIC COMMENTS CONCERNING PERSONNEL OF THE DISTRICT SHOULD BE MADE IN CLOSED SESSION OF THE BOARD.
7. Superintendent's Report to the Board and Communications.
8. Ohio and Wabash Valley Regional Vocational System Intergovernmental Agreement and Policies.
9. Naming the Small Gym at the Junior/Senior High School.
10. TRS Supplemental Savings Plan.
11. Vehicle Bids.
12. Closed Session (Personnel and the Purchase or Lease of Real Property).
13. Action Following Closed Session.
- A. Consideration and action upon the employment of a dishwasher at Jefferson
- B. Consideration and action upon the employment of the Junior High School Assistant