A traffic crash on Illinois Rte. 1 at Illinois Rte. 141 on Saturday, July 6 at approximately 12:35 p.m. resulted in three individuals being transported to local area hospitals via ambulance. According to the preliminary crash investigation, 80 year old Frank D. Burk of Watson, Ill., driving a Lincoln MKZ was traveling southbound on Rte. 1 when, for unknown reasons, he failed to stop at the four way intersection at Rte. 141, crashing into a Chevrolet Equinox driven by Nathan D. Baldwin, age 41 of Norris City. Baldwin was traveling eastbound and had stopped at the intersection before proceeding through it, when he was struck by the Lincoln.
Burk and Baldwin, as well as the passenger in Burk’s vehicle, Carolyn A. Seibert, age 68 of Watson, were all injured. Both vehicles had to be removed form the crash scene by a tow service.
The Gallatin County Sheriff’s Department, Gallatin County Rural Fire Department, Deaconess Ambulance Service, and C&T Towing assisted ISP District 19 at the crash scene. Burke was cited for Disregarding a Stop Sign.
- White County Sheriff’s report - July 10, 2019
- HOPE Family Literacy speaker visits Norris City quilt guild - July 10, 2019
- Indian Creek Township releases budget for 2019-2020 - July 10, 2019
- Rep. Bailey announces run for State Senate - July 10, 2019
- Rich Gurka….America…Is she over? - July 10, 2019