After serving 2 1/2 terms on the Carmi Township Board, Dave Hall handed in his resignation on August 22, 2019, saying it was time for him to leave the position. Supervisor Pam Deig submitted that resignation to the board on Tuesday night at the regular township board meeting. Hall had two years remaining in this term. In his resignation letter, he thanked the board for the privilege of serving with them. The board is looking to appoint a replacement within 60 days from the resignation. Trustee Tim States submitted the name of Brian Atteberry as a possible replacement. Atteberry currently serves on the township’s cemetery board, but is willing to resign that post within the time frame. Supervisor Deig said if Atteberry is acceptable to the board, the switch could happen seamlessly, and both slots could be filled within the 60 day time period. A decision was tabled until the October meeting. More possible replacements can still be submitted.
Subscribe here to continue reading.
- NCOE Places First in Three Age Groups at Dave Gray Invitational - September 20, 2019
- LAND RECORDS REPORT SEPT. 10-17 - September 20, 2019
- Topic of Cannabis Businesses in Enfield Still Under Consideration - September 20, 2019
- Dairy Day Quilt Show 2019 Announces Hours - September 19, 2019
- Dairy Days will Feature “We Got it Covered” band from DuQuoin on Saturday - September 19, 2019