According to a preliminary traffic crash investigation by the Illinois State Police, Billy Wagner, age 78 of Carmi, driving a 2003 Gold Chrysler Town and Country van, was traveling northbound on US 45 at CR 400 when he crossed the centerline of the highway, striking a southboung White International truck tractor driven by Chad Mayes, 45 of Geff, Ill. Mayes was being followed by his wife Lynnia R. Mayes, also of Geff, who was driving a Chevrolet Silverado pickup. Wagner struck the trailer being towed by Chad Mayes and then struck Lynnia Mayes head on. She was transported to Fairfield Memorial Hospital with minor injuries. Wagner was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The ISP were assisted by the Norris City Police Department, Norris City Fire Department, White county Sheriff’s Department, White county Coroner’s Office, the White County Ambulance Service and Cherry Street Towing and Automotive.
- Local man David Dodd joins Edward Jones - August 16, 2019
- Illinois Farm Bureau Statement regarding Deferment of Crop Insurance Premium Interest - August 16, 2019
- Danny Stephens gets consecutive sentences - August 16, 2019
- SIC President’s List for Summer 2019 - August 16, 2019
- White County Board hires Charlie Mick as county Animal Control Officer - August 16, 2019