According to a preliminary traffic crash investigation by the Illinois State Police, Billy Wagner, age 78 of Carmi, driving a 2003 Gold Chrysler Town and Country van, was traveling northbound on US 45 at CR 400 when he crossed the centerline of the highway, striking a southboung White International truck tractor driven by Chad Mayes, 45 of Geff, Ill. Mayes was being followed by his wife Lynnia R. Mayes, also of Geff, who was driving a Chevrolet Silverado pickup. Wagner struck the trailer being towed by Chad Mayes and then struck Lynnia Mayes head on. She was transported to Fairfield Memorial Hospital with minor injuries. Wagner was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The ISP were assisted by the Norris City Police Department, Norris City Fire Department, White county Sheriff's Department, White county Coroner's Office, the White County Ambulance Service and Cherry Street Towing and Automotive.
- Two Sentenced in White County Court on Wednesday - November 15, 2019
- Norris City Board Agrees to Purchase Police Vehicle in Special Session Wednesday - November 14, 2019
- NCOE HIgh School Posts Honor Roll - November 14, 2019
- County Gives Thumbs Down on Cannabis Business; Jim Totten Retires - November 14, 2019
- 4-H Experience Award Given to Josephine Hubele in October - November 13, 2019