The 2019 tax bills payable 2020 (2021) are being mailed Friday, February 19, 2021 and Monday, February 22, 2021 for the larger envelopes. Those who have opted to receive their tax bills by email will be the first to get their bills, so please check your inboxes.
Due Dates for the 2019 taxes are: 1st installment – March 15, 2021 (penalty for 1st installment waived unless paid after April 15th) 2nd installment – April 15, 2021 Payments for the 2019 property taxes will be accepted:
• By mailing a check to White County Treasurer, P.O. Box 369, Carmi, IL 62821 with the bottom stub of your tax bill indicating which parcel, which installment and how much is being paid included.
• At www.govtechtaxpro.com online.
• Using our drop box at the back of the courthouse, include the tax bill stub and your check.
• Dropping off your payment along with your tax bill stub at Banterra Bank, either the Carmi or the Norris City branch. The payment must be exact and the stub must be included.
• Our office is open to process tax payments, but we ask that masks be worn and social distancing is observed for the safety of everyone.
Call if you have any questions 618-382-8122 Ext. 3 We anticipate having the 2020 tax bills payable 2021 to be processed timely this year and aiming for September 15th and November 15th due dates for the 1st and 2nd installments. I will keep you posted on the progress.
Regards, Pamela Armstrong
White County Treasurer